I’m in cybersecurity, so when I write about specific technical fields, I try to do so with the humility of a layperson.
I write a lot about technology because I think it’s profoundly important. Not for its own sake, but because it affects the trajectory of humans progress.
My stated purpose here is to:
Explore the interesting and beautiful at the intersection of security, technology, and humans.
…and this really captures it. When I write about technology I prefer to come from the perspective of how it affects people. But I also do provide more technical resources for those who need something specific.
Below are a number of my essays and tutorials on multiple technical topics going back to 1999.
The future of technology and humans
- Machine Learning Will Magnify Humanity’s Strengths And Weaknesses
- What is Technology Racing Towards?
- The Biggest Advantage in Machine Learning Will Come from Superior Coverage, Not Superior Analysis
- Personal Sensors Are the Next Breakthrough in Consumer Electronics
- My Current Predictions for Thinking Machines (2017)