Topics for this episode:
News and analysis
- [ ] Ads using high frequency sound to communicate across devices. The ultrasonic pitches are embedded into TV commercials or are played when a user encounters an ad displayed in a computer browser. While the sound can’t be heard by the human ear, nearby tablets and smartphones can detect it. When they do, browser cookies can now pair a single user to multiple devices and keep track of what TV commercials the person sees, how long the person watches the ads, and whether the person acts on the ads by doing a Web search or buying a product.
- [ ] Conficker in police body cameras (windows brute force tool)
- [ ] Siri iOS data extraction. Tv reporter
- [ ] The eye of Siri
- [ ] Read top stories from the security news site
- [ ] Expect to see concealed carry increase in the united states
- [ ] Starwood hotels hit with POS malware
- [ ] How to Deploy Splunk AD Monitoring in 437 Easy Steps
- [ ] PCs being shipped with MiTM certs in them (supply chain security)
- [ ] Java Deserialization flaws evidently affect more libraries
- [ ] France looking at banning Tor, blocking public WiFi
- [ ] Blackberry leaves Pakistan rather than provide backdoor
- [ ] EFF launches bug disclosure program for Let’s Encrypt and HTTPS Everywhere
- [ ] Flash is really on the way out
Ideas and commentary
- Personal Github
- The intro track is from one of my favorite EDM artists: Zomby. The song is ‘Orion’, and it’s from the ‘With Love’ album. Highly recommended if you like chill EDM.
- Listen via iTunes or with the player embedded above.