- Singtel buys Trustwave
- Snowden does interview with John Oliver
- CheckPoint buys Lacoon
- Everyone’s trying to do everything, which gives the big people a major advantage
- China melted GitHub
- They did it because GitHub was hosting two mirror repos for content that is banned in China
- Also highlights the need for encryption, so that the JS couldn’t have been injected
- Obama just came out and said that if you attack us, we’ll sanction you
- How does that work exactly, when China makes everything we use?
- Then we just found out Russia hacked us through the State Department issue
- A major vulnerability was revealed in Inngate routers used in the US and Europe.
- It allows attackers to browse and write to the root file system of the devices, changing configuration, distributing malware, etc.
- Mostly used in US and European hotels
- Attackers are compromising IRS accounts in large numbers. Claim yours to avoid it happening to you
- Featuring Brooks Garrett
- He’s a friend and co-worker going back 8 years
- He’s the smartest IT guy I’ve ever known: sick programmer, Linux ninja, database, networking, everything. Full stack, real deal.
- He’s a volunteer firefighter
- He blogs at http://brooksgarrett.com: latest posts are Remote Streaming with Pi and MPD, Nagios SMS alerts with Amazon SNS, Cleaning Passwords from Logs, Fixing OhMyZSH prompts in PuTTY
- His Twitter is @brooksgarrett
- If you’re not following his stuff, you should be
- Intro track is from one of my favorite EDM artists: Zomby. The song is ‘Orion’, and it’s from the ‘With Love’ album. Highly recommended if you like chill EDM.