Every once in a while I like to think about what an ideal life would look like, in terms of an attainable future for myself. I’ve done this elsewhere already, but I’ll do it again here without looking at the previous version.
I think the following are the main components.
- A modern house of about 3,000 square feet within 2 hours of a Tier 1 or Tier 2 city.
- A household wide Tesla-like battery system that stores energy from the sun and/or the grid for use during peak hours.
- A solar energy infrastructure that lets the house be self-sustainable.
- Enough money to read endlessly, and write about what I’m reading.
- Enough money to travel with my girl. 4 decent trips a year, with one of them being major.
- Enough money to eat at nice restaurants a couple of nights a week.
- Enough money to stay current on the latest tech. Not a lot of items, but the major ones.
- Image from http://richardkeatingarchitecture.com.