If you’ve ever had a problem deleting a horizontal line in Microsoft Word, this post is for you. The answer is something of a trick, as the horizontal line is not a line (or a graphic), it’s a bottom border.
- In Office 2013 go to the Design tab and look to the far right for the Page Borders button.
- Within the borders settings, click on the leftmost tab titled Borders (not Page Border)
- select the top left option of None.
That will delete the border (horizontal line) from the area in question.
- Place the cursor immediately above the horizontal line.
- On the Home tab in Word or the Format Text tab in Outlook, in the Paragraph group, click the arrow next to the Borders and Shading button
- and click No Border.
- In previous versions of Word the solution is similar, i.e. find the Borders and Shading option and delete that bottom border.