I think I’m going to make my gift-giving career on books.
I enjoy exposing people to new ideas, and I enjoy making people happy, and those are two things that great books do.
Plus, there are so many types of books, which match well with lots of different types of people.
I think I’ll create a list of my favorite give books and then given them to people based on their personality type.
Another idea I had was giving books to my friends’ kids. Great books. Books that enrich them. So that maybe I can have a positive impact on them and how they turn out.
Initial ideas for gift books
So here’s the kind of books I’m thinking about:
- Think Explainer (pictured above): it explains things in English’s most common 1000 words. Absolutely brilliant. I can see opening kids’ minds to how things work with this. Expanding curiosity.
- I Wonder: a book about mystery and curiosity and uncertainty.
- Rework: a book about productivity
- Spent: a book about marketing and human behavior
- The Sense of Style: The Thinking Person’s Guide to Writing in the 21st Century: a book by Steven Pinker on writing
So that’s the idea. I like giving gifts, and I think books might be one of the best gift types of all.