Daniel is a recognized information security professional and writer with 20 years in information security. He frequently speaks and participates in panels around the world, and his work and commentary have been featured in dozens of the world’s leading publications.
In order to do talks, panels, or get accepted as media into an event, there are filters you need to pass through and information you need to provide. Common ones include:
Do you have a website? How much traffic does it get? Are you a speaker? Where have you spoken? Where have you been published? What’s your Twitter handle? How many followers do you have? Send us a headshot. Send us a bio. Etc.
The rest of this page serves as a permanent, efficiency-based home for those answers.
Daniel Miessler is the Director of Advisory Services at IOActive and has 19 years of experience in information security. His background is in technical security testing and enterprise defense, including network, web, application, mobile, IoT testing, and adversary-based risk management.
He is the leader of the OWASP IoT Security project and speaks regularly at conferences, on panels, and to the media on the topics of information security and technology trends. He also produces a blog, podcast, and newsletter with similar themes.
- Approximately 64,000 followers
- Twitter verified in 2016
- Alexa Rank of ~88K Global and ~34K in the U.S.
- Site active since 1999
- Approximately 3,800 posts
- Monthly site pageviews: ~250,000
Daniel has presented at over a hundred industry conferences, including:
- 2018 Keynote Speaker at the Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC)
- 2016-2018 AppSec California OWASP Conference
- DEFCON 23 (IoT Village)
- BlackHat 2015 (Arsenal)
- OWASP AppSec USA
- RSA USA (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Many, many more
- Listed among Top 50 InfoSec influencers by DigitalGuardian in 2018
- Listed as the top InfoSec thought leader in this InfoSec Institute list
- Listed as the top InfoSec influencer on Onalytica’s 2016 InfoSec Influencers List
- 2015: Launched the Unsupervised Learning podcast and newsletter, which has around 20,000 followers.
- 2018: Founder and CEO of the HELIOS company, in the Attack Surface Monitoring space.
- Creator and leader of the OWASP IoT Security Project
- Creator and leader of the SecLists Project
- Consistent blogger at danielmiessler.com for nearly 20 years
- Coverage of tech conferences often highly commented on by other top industry players
- Active coder on GitHub, with over 1K followers
- Other projects