I am a frequent speaker on talks and panels around the world, and a regular contributor to numerous newspapers and magazines on the subjects of information security and technology.
In order to do talks, panels, or get accepted as media into an event, there are filters you need to pass through and information you need to provide. Common ones include:
Do you have a website? How much traffic does it get? Are you a speaker? Where have you spoken? Where have you been published? What’s your Twitter handle? How many followers do you have? Send us a headshot. Send us a bio. Etc.
The rest of this page serves as a permanent, efficiency-based home for those answers.
Daniel Miessler is the Director of Advisory Services at IOActive and has 17 years of experience in information security. His background is in technical security testing and enterprise defense, including network, web, application, mobile, IoT testing, and adversary-based risk management.
He is the leader of the OWASP IoT Security project and speaks regularly at conferences, on panels, and to the media on the topics of information security and technology trends. He also produces a blog, podcast, and newsletter with similar themes.
Site statistics (updated January 2017)
- Site active since 1999
- Approximately 3,200 posts
- Monthly site pageviews: ~350,000
- Monthly site visitors: ~300,000
- Alexa Rank: ~78K Global, ~34K in the U.S.
- Username: @danielmiessler
- Followers: ~46K
- Twitter Verified?: Yes
Have presented at numerous industry conferences, including:
- DEFCON 23 (IoT Village)
- BlackHat 2015 (Arsenal)
- OWASP AppSec USA
- RSA USA (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Dozens of smaller conferences
Publications and mentions
See media logos above.
- Listed as the top InfoSec thought leader in this InfoSec Institute list
- Listed as the top InfoSec influencer on Onalytica’s 2016 InfoSec Influencers List
- Creator and leader of the OWASP IoT Security Project
- Creator and leader of the SecLists Project
- Coverage of tech conferences often highly commented on by other top industry players
- Active GitHub account with over 1K followers
- My interview on Paul’s Security Weekly Podcast
CREATED: JANUARY 2015 | UPDATED: FEBRUARY 2017
- It was difficult to create this page because it feels disgustingly egotistical, which is the opposite of my natural personality. I only have it so that I can save time responding to talk and panel requests for information, and to justify entry into certain types of events.