What kind of person do you think said these words? Try college educated making over $80,000/year as an IT consultant.
What is it with these types anyway? I spent a couple weeks with like three of my then peers a while back and noticed a major trend:
- Highly neocon (see NOT conservative)
- Highly ignorant of world events (is Darfur a new reality show?)
- Obsessed with Fox News (their only source of news)
- Thought Obama’s name was Osama (seriously)
- Were quite convinced Obama is Muslim (see #3)
It was only three people, so it’s a stretch to call it a “trend”, but still. I’ve heard similar reports from many of my other friends in IT. Where do these people get their information?
I think I have the answer: they seem to be so lazy that they just latch on to whatever ideology makes them most comfortable. And the Fox News narrative makes lazy, ignorant people VERY comfortable.
So it’s not just the so-called mouthbreathers that are hopelessly clueless in this country — the problem is much more wide-spread than that. Depressing.: