I decided recently that I wanted to record my girl doing high-tech sounds like “dee-doot-deet” or “dee-doot-doot” so I could use them as my incoming text message sounds. I also wanted to be able to record myself saying, “Text from Chris”, and set that as the text sound from Chris, etc. I think it adds personal touch to the mobile device, and it also keeps me from looking at my phone when someone else gets a text nearby.
Anyway, the Internet wasn’t much help, and I had to figure out how to do it myself. Here are the steps:
- Create a new Podcast project in GarageBand
- Record and trim your segment to satisfaction
- In the Share menu, select “Send Ringtone to iTunes”
- Make sure you’re syncing Ringtones to your phone within iTunes, and sync
- Go into your sound settings or the individual contact and assign the ringtone