The United States and China agree that neither country’s government will conduct or knowingly support cyber-enabled theft of intellectual property, including trade secrets or other confidential business information, with the intent of providing competitive advantages to companies or commercial sectors,” the White House said
Pardon my inquiry, but why would we believe anyone who says this when:
- We know they’ve been hacking the shit out of us for years
- They have lied to our faces about this fact for years
So here’s the workflow on this idiocy:
- US: Have you been hacking us?
- China: No.
- US: But we know you have.
- China: Nope.
- US: Ok, well let’s agree to not do it in the future, ok?
- China: Sounds good.
- US: So no more hacking, right?
- China: Right.
Brilliant. I doubt I’ll be surprised when we hear more stories about them continuing to do what they haven’t been doing.
So, just in case someone’s keeping score: Iran is not building a nuke, and China is not hacking us.
- Image from thechinamoneyreport.com.