[ Find my other book summaries here. ]
- The medium you consuming information through dramatically affects what you receive, and in fact the quality of what you can receive
- Text and print are far superior to radio, for example, and radio was far superior to television.
- He’d probably argue that TV is better than Internet, since it’s even shorter lived
- He’s a big fan of the Orwell vs. Huxley debate, and says Huxley is definitely winning because of TV in particular
- He fundamentally believe that we must monitor how we consume information because it alters what we’re able to consume
- He believes TV and other short-term media like it limit the sophistication of the ideas they can transmit, and worries that we are losing our culture due to these becoming most common