This site was started in 1999 at (the now migrated) dmiessler.com, and initially included writings that I had started from 1996. It now serves as the umbrella and container for all of my life projects.
Web technology stack
- Hosting: AWS, Medium instance
- OS: AWS Linux
- Web Server: Nginx
- Application Server: PHP-FPM
- Caching: Nginx in-memory
- WAF/Proxy: CloudFlare
- Content for this site is created in Vim and in the built-in WordPress editor.
- Source code is managed with Git.
- My desk is a Renew desk, by Herman Miller
- My chair is an Embody by Herman Miller as well.
- My computer is a Mac Pro with 16 Cores and 96GB of memory.
- I record using a U87AI microphone.
- I edit my podcast using Hindenburg.
- I mix my podcast and interviews with a RODECASTER PRO.
- The site’s fonts are Equity and Concourse, by Matthew Butterick.
- Music for Unsupervised Learning is by Zomby.
- The show is called Unsupervised Learning, which is a type of Machine Learning that helps identify patterns in things that might previously have been missed. It also doubles as a concept of unstructured curiosity.
- For more about me, check out my About Page.