This site was started in 1999 at (the now migrated) dmiessler.com, and initially included writings that I had started from 1996. It now serves as the umbrella and container for all of my life projects.
Web technology stack
- Hosting: AWS, Medium instance
- OS: AWS Linux
- Web Server: Nginx
- Application Server: PHP-FPM
- Caching: Nginx in-memory
- WAF/Proxy: CloudFlare
- Content for this site is created in Vim and in the built-in WordPress editor.
- Source code is managed with Git.
- My desk is a Renew desk, by Herman Miller
- My chair is an Embody by Herman Miller as well.
- My computer is a Mac Pro with 16 Cores and 96GB of memory.
- I record using a Neumann U87AI microphone.
- I use Neumann KH 120 A monitors.
- I edit using Hindenburg.
- I mix with a RODECASTER PRO.
- The logo (new as of April 2021) represents circuitry, a neural net, and connections. The first part of the logo is an upside-down “U”, and the second part is an “L”. The orphaned dot in the top right solidifies the square shape of the logo and represents a connection that has yet to be made. It’s a reminder that there’s always something more to learn.
- The site’s fonts are Equity and Concourse, by Matthew Butterick.
- Music for Unsupervised Learning is by Zomby.
- The show is called Unsupervised Learning, which is a type of Machine Learning that helps identify patterns in things that might previously have been missed. It also doubles as a concept of unstructured curiosity.
- For more about me, check out my About Page.
- Thanks to my love for both the naming of Unsupervised Learning, and also for the brilliant logo modification suggestion in April of 2021.