This site was started in 1999 at the now closed and migrated dmiessler.com, and initially included writings that I had started from 1996.
It now serves as the umbrella for all of my life projects.
- Hosting: AWS, Medium instance
- OS: Ubuntu
- Web Server: Nginx
- Application Server: PHP-FPM
- Caching: Nginx in-memory
- Content for this site is created in Vim and in the built-in WordPress editor.
- Source code is managed with Git.
- The site’s fonts are Equity and Concourse, by Matthew Butterick.
- I work at a Rewew desk, by Herman Miller
- I sit at an Embody chair by the same manufacturer.
- My main computer is a space grey 2018 MacBook Pro with 32GB of memory.
- I create my podcast on an ElectroVoice RE27ND.
- My podcast is produced with Adobe Audition CC.
- My podcast and newsletter is called Unsupervised Learning, which is a type of Machine Learning that helps identify patterns in things that might previously have been missed. It also doubles as a statement around learning being best when it’s unstructured and free.
- For more about me, check out my About Page.