Like many others, I was fairly dumbfounded by how ridiculous Trump sounded in his first debate performance. But the part that fascinates me is how people can think that he won, or that he even did well at all.
Here’s a short list of things he did tonight that normally make one unelectable.
- Clinton calls him out on not paying taxes, and he says that’s “being smart”.
- Clinton calls him out on hoping for, and then profiting from, the housing crash, and he says “that’s called business.”
- As Trump leaves the stage, he refuses to shake the moderator’s hand because he asked him hard questions.
- He constantly disparages the United States. In a very nasty way. This would not be tolerated by anyone else.
- His idea of diversity is allowing non-whites into one of his clubs in Florida.
I’ll keep the list going as I remember items, and if you remember any let me know on Twitter or via email.