I think I’m looking for a new blogging platform for my ‘/’ location here on the site. Only the root of my site is actually WordPress — everything else is pure HTML/PHP. I’m mostly done with WordPress.
Here are the things I need:
- It needs to be faster than my existing WordPress solution, which means faster than ~300ms-400ms for a typical post’s round trip. If I can’t get a major speed upgrade I probably won’t switch.
- It’d be nice if it used MySQL as the backend. I have ~5,000 posts I’d like to drop right in. But if I can migrate them without too much effort that’s fine as well.
- I need my permalink structure to survive.
- I need to be able to manage the site via git.
- In general, I need to get my site back to its full running configuration without some sort of major functionality missing.
Any ideas on what platform(s) I should be looking at?