The Internet of Things is going to be hard to secure, and there are number of community-based projects working on the problem. The goal of this page is to link to them and differentiate them according to their scope and purpose.
- The OWASP Internet of Things Top 10 ProjectThis project lists the 10 primary attack surface areas for Internet of Things technologies, and provides recommendations for manufacturers, developers, and consumers on how to make better security decisions in each category. The project is lead by Daniel Miessler and Craig Smith.
- Build It SecurelyThis project is focused on linking small businesses with researchers to help them secure their IoT-based products before they go to market. The project is lead by Zach Lanier and Mark Stanislav.
- I Am The CavalryThis project is focused on securing the public’s safety in cyber technology. The project is lead by Josh Corman.
- The OWASP project is focused on IoT attack surface areas
- BuildItSecurely is focused on linking SMBs with researchers
- I Am The Cavalry is focused on automotive security
- If you know of any similar projects, let me know and I’ll add them.