[ NOTE: Spoilers. ]
There have been increasingly significant and troubling separations between the Game of Thrones books and the Game of Thrones HBO show.
I’m maintaining a list of them below:
- Rob’s wife was different in the books.
- Jon’s wildling girl didn’t die in the show.
- Tyron jousted at the feast in the books.
- Gendry is now two characters together.
- Petyr was not on the ship in the books.
- Jon never went up north and was not that near to Bran.
- The fat fighter killed the champion in front of the city.
- The torture bastard guy didn’t go to the wall.
- When Sam killed the white walker in the books other people saw it.
- Podrick isn’t assigned to go with Brienne.
- Bronn and Jamie never fight in the books.
- Tommen is far more pronounced in the show.
I am sure I’ve missed some. Please add yours in the comments.
- These are just those that change the plot, not other differences that are interesting or major but don’t affect the future.