One of the customizations that I maintain on my phone is having my close friends and co-workers’ voices as the sound of text messages. So when Jason texts me, I hear him say, “Text.” in his own voice.
This combined with custom text vibrations (like a heartbeat for my girl) really adds a personal feel to your mobile device.
Here’s how to set up the custom tones for your iPhone:
- Record your sound using Voice Memos on your iPhone
- Open a new Voice Project in Garageband
- Import the tone you created
- Trim it down to just the part of the recording you need
- Export the tone from Garageband as a Ringtone
- Make sure you’re syncing tones within your iTunes settings, and sync your iPhone
Then, to assign it, go into the contact you’re interested in, click Edit, and assign the tone to the appropriate event.