Hilary Clinton is our next president.
How I get to this is not interesting or exciting, and I’m sure many people have said the same thing in many places. Here it is in three simple steps:
- The Republicans self-destruct by throwing flaming feces at each other until everyone is on fire
- Bernie Sanders is destroyed by everyone leading up to the primaries, including Clinton and the moderate left who realize that ANYONE on the right could possibly beat him in the general election
- In the general election Clinton faces someone with charred skin who smells like a dungheap, because of what his own party did to him
It’ll be a dominant win for Clinton. 65% of the vote.
In the end, people will just see her as more presidential, less crazy, and capable enough. It’ll be a vote against chaos, which is what the other side will be both running on and promising.
- I’m not sure what I feel about Clinton. I respect her intelligence and political skill greatly. I also see her as the consulate politician, which means deceitful. I’d also like to see a woman become president. So I’m torn.
- I’d rather run for a practical version of Bernie Sanders, i.e. one with the same domestic policies but a more realistic view of our place in the world with respect to security and terrorism. He’s a little too much Jimmy Carter in that respect for my taste. Seems likely to destroy our intelligence services and such, because spying is bad. Stuff like that. Those things are deal-breakers for me. But if it’s him or any of these Republicans I’m going with him.
- I see Bernie Sanders as a Ron Paul type: perfect in so many ways, but broken by that perfection in too many ways that make him unable to handle the job.