April 10th, 2012 | Science
Currently, NASA’s budget barely surpasses 0.5 percent of the Federal budget, and has seen a steady decline in the proportions of its funding, now reaching all-time lows. The cultural mindset brought on by NASA has allowed us to reap the benefits of economic growth, creating an influx of people wanting to become scientists and engineers.
There is no question that the government has money to fund NASA: $850 billion was spent on the bank bailout, several hundred billion dollars more than the 53 year running budget of NASA. If we want to invest in our future, we must fund NASA at higher levels.
Tomorrow is gone without NASA. Please at least double NASA’s annual budget, and continue to support the most inspirational program in the country.
Please follow this link, sign the petition, and share the message with friends.
- Real-world Wrestling and Jits vs. Asshat with Tapout Shirt
- NASA’s “We Are The Explorers” Trailer
- Steve Martin Doing the Atheist Hymnal
- Google Refine
- The Sickest Light Show I’ve Ever Seen
- Webfight and Burp Logs
- Hitler Game Show
- Double Rainbow Song
- NASA Carbon Tube Implants Release Therapy When Needed
- A Time Lapsed Earth Flyover from NASA’s ISS